Michigan Opera Theatre is hiring a Director of Operations and Patron Experiences!
The role’s primary function is to ensure an exceptional patron experience for every guest who enters the Detroit Opera House. This position manages a comprehensive set of responsibilities to achieve this goal including, but not limited to, creating and coordinating a team strategy that ensures every employee, volunteer and contractor at the Detroit Opera House works seamlessly in anticipating patron needs, exceeding expectations, and creating a “wow” factor for every guest. Hospitality and customer service as a core cultural value is at the center of everything that happens at the Detroit Opera House, and the Director is key to this. The Director also has operational oversight for events, activities and relationships of the Detroit Opera House.
- Deepen the connection between MOT/DOH and all patrons by ensuring a welcoming, safe/secure, accommodating and memorable experience for all those who enter the Detroit Opera House
- Ensure that customer service/patron relations standards are met and exceeded to ensure the highest level of experiences for our guests
- Manage events; coordinate event operations
- Participate in directing the operations and resources needed to manage the Detroit Opera House as downtown Detroit’s performing arts center and as Michigan’s premier performance venue
- Bachelor’s degree in facilities management, hospitality, business, arts administration or related degree strongly preferred
- Three or more years of experience managing a public venue, including staff supervisor experience
- Three or more years of experience managing theatrical events with audiences of more than 2000 OR experience managing high-end weddings, galas and private catered events
To view the complete job description visit Michigan Opera Theatre’s website at https://michiganopera.org/auditions-employment/.