During this time of social distancing, Michigan Opera Theatre is proud to announce “MOT at Home,” a digital campaign that will allow us to continue to provide opera and dance performances and education directly to you at home! “MOT at Home” will use its Facebook, Twitter and Instagram social media accounts to distribute programming, which will include performances, blogs, podcasts, interviews and more.
The Facebook and Twitter content will be categorized into five weekly categories:
- "Opera Fix"
- Blogs, recordings, fun facts, etc. about opera
- "Dance Fix"
- Blogs, online performances, fun fact, etc. About dance
- Studio Artist Performances
- Remote performances from members of the MOT Studio
- Met Opera preview
- Facebook Live opera talk given ahead of select performances of the Metropolitan Opera’s “Nightly Opera Stream”
- MOT staff and artists share their expertise on different aspects of opera and dance
Our Instagram account will feature a “takeover” from MOT Studio Artists, providing daily performances, interviews and behind-the-scenes content on the life of an opera singer. All of the ongoing content will also be available online at https://michiganopera.org/mot-at-home/! "MOT at Home" is supported by Cadillac.
While we can’t offer live performances at this time, we hope the digital performances and informative content of “MOT at Home” may be a source of comfort and hope during this difficult time.
Stay home, stay safe, and we look forward to seeing you in the fall for our 50th anniversary season!