Love opera or dance? Become a Michigan Opera Theatre volunteer.
Volunteers are the heart of Michigan Opera Theatre and the Detroit Opera House. Members of the Michigan Opera Theatre Volunteer Association (MOTVA) become a part of the Michigan Opera Theatre family and perform a number of vital tasks—everything from ushering to coordinating the annual Bravo Bravo! event.
MOTVA Volunteers are asked to make a donation of $35 annually; $25 for Ushers. Recommended donation for students is $10.
Michigan Opera Theatre Volunteer Needs
- Opera House Ushers – Assist with taking tickets at the door and seating patrons for performances.
- Opera House Docents & Tour Guides – Learn the fascinating history of the Detroit Opera House and share your expertise as you lead tours through the facility.
- Dance Council – Build an audience for dance at the Detroit Opera House through events that highlight, support and celebrate each production in the Dance Series.
- Divas and Divos – Introduce visiting artists to Detroit and help make their stay more enjoyable.
- MOT Ambassadors – Michigan Opera Theatre’s Ambassadors program cultivates, trains, and empowers volunteers to contribute to audience development efforts at the grassroots community level.
- Young Patron Circle – Young professionals meet and socialize with others who share an interest in the revitalization of the Detroit Opera House. Young professionals also help coordinate and plan the highly-anticipated annual fundraiser, Bravo Bravo!
- Other Opportunities – There are many other opportunities to get involved as a MOTVA volunteer. Participate in all facets of the Volunteer Association including office duties that keep our wheels turning.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer usher, please fill out the form to the right. If you have any questions please contact Randy Elliott, House Manager at email@example.com.
For information about other volunteer opportunities, please contact Colin Knapp at 313.965.4271 or firstname.lastname@example.org.