Renée Fleming Program Announced!
The program for Renée Fleming’s season-opening gala concert Sept. 29th at the Detroit Opera House has been announced! At “An Evening with Renée Fleming,” the opera superstar will perform a variety of music from opera, Broadway and classical composers, accompanied by the MOT Orchestra and conducted by MOT Principal Conductor Stephen Lord. She will also perform music she has sung on the Silver Screen, including the Academy Award-winning films “The Shape of Water” and “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri,” as well as the upcoming film, “Bel Canto.”
The program will also feature a special appearance by the Joffrey Ballet, with dancers Victoria Jaiani and Dylan Gutierrez performing a pas de deux from “Swan Lake.”
The complete program includes:
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Overture from “Le Nozze di Figaro”
- George Frideric Handel: “Bel Piacere” from “Agrippina”
- George Frideric Handel: “Ritorna, oh caro e dolce mio Tesoro” from “Rodelinda”
- Vincenzo Bellini: Overture from “Norma”
- Leoncavallo: “Mattinata”
- Vincenzo Bellini: “Casta Diva” from “Norma”
- Johann Strauss (ii): Overture from “Die Fledermaus”
- Richard Georg Strauss: “Da geht er hin” from “Der Rosenkavalier”
- Richard Georg Strauss: “Zueignung”
- Jules Massenet: “Méditation” from “Thaïs”
- Pyotr Tchaikovsky: “White Swan Variation” pas de deux from “Swan Lake,” performed by Victoria Jaiani and Dylan Gutierrez of the Joffrey Ballet
- Licinio Refice: “Ombra di Nube” from the upcoming film “Bel Canto”
- Friedrich Von Flotow: “‘Tis the last rose of Summer” from “Martha,” featured in the film “3 Billboards outside Ebbings, Missouri”
- Harry Warren (arranged by Alexandre Desplat): “You’ll Never Know,” featured in the film “The Shape of Water”
- Frederick Loewe (Johnny Green arrangement): Overture from “My Fair Lady”
- Adam Guettel: “Fable” from “The Light in the Piazza”
- John Kander: “Love and Love Alone/Winter” from “The Visit”
- Sting: “August Winds” from “The Last Ship”
- Stephen Sondheim: “The Glamorous Life” from “A Little Night Music”
The concert is part of the 48th Season Gala, which also includes pre-concert cocktails, a post-concert dinner and presentation, and an afterglow.
Single tickets now on sale!
Tickets for “An Evening with Renée Fleming” range from $49 – $149. Tickets may be purchased online at www.MichiganOpera.org, by calling (313) 237-7464 or in person at the Detroit Opera House (1526 Broadway, Detroit).
Tickets for the gala, including the concert, start at $750 per person. To inquire about sponsorships contact Assia Likomanov at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (313) 237-3268.
For complete season information visit http://www.michiganopera.org/ticket-information/2018-19-season/.