Michigan Opera Theatre is pleased to announce Ethan Davidson as the new Chairman of our Board of Directors and Trustees. Ethan will begin his position during our Annual Meeting, Nov. 14. He succeeds Rick Williams, who has served as Chairman for the past 17 years.
Ethan comes to the role with years of non-profit leadership experience and a background in music. He is currently Chairman of the Grants Committee of the William Davidson Foundation, dedicated to advancing the economic, cultural and civic vitality of Southeast Michigan, the State of Israel and the Jewish community. He is also Director of the Motown Museum and is a professional singer and songwriter who has recorded 10 albums and toured throughout North America and Europe. He holds a BA in English literature from Harvard University, has done graduate work in Middle Eastern History and Islamic Law at the University of Michigan and has studied Jewish Philosophy at the Jewish Theological Seminary.
Rick steps down after an incredible 17-year tenure, successfully leading the organization through good times and challenges, including the 2008 Recession. He has also been one of MOT’s most consistently generous donors who has influenced other MOT supporters to join him. His exemplary leadership was recognized last year as one of only four people nationwide to receive Opera America’s National Opera Trustee Award. We are grateful for his momentous contribution to MOT.
In addition to the new Chair, the Board of Directors will be instructed to include three Vice Chairs, a Treasurer and a Secretary.
The officers are:
- Wayne S. Brown, President
- JoAnn Danto, Vice Chair: Former dance professor and soloist with the Joffrey Ballet, the National Ballet and other ballet companies throughout the U.S. and Europe
- Peter Oleksiak, Vice Chair: Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer at DTE Energy
- Ankur Rungta, Vice Chair: Chief Executive Officer, C3 Industries
- Enrico Digirolamo, Treasurer: Board of II-VI Incorporated, Board of Garsite Progress, Chairman of Good Travel Software, former Chief Financial Officer, Covisint
- Gene P. Bowen, Secretary: Co-chairperson, Business Practice Group, Bodman PLC
We look forward to exciting times ahead under new Board leadership!