Michigan Opera Theatre Jobs & Part-Time Opportunities
Michigan Opera Theatre, a non-profit organization, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Michigan Opera Theatre is supported by private donations, foundation and corporate grants, the State of Michigan through the Michigan Council for the Arts and Cultural Affairs, and by the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal Agency.
Program Coordinator: Education and Community Programs
The Position of Program Coordinator: Education and Community Programsencompasses administrative and production support for areas including Touring, Evaluation, Learning at the Opera House, Community Engagement, and MOT Studio. It is understood that occasional nights and weekends will be required, as well as occasional MOT/DOH performance duty as needed.
- Manage and coordinate event, rehearsal, and performance schedules
- Communicate event information to artists; prepare and distribute music and other materials
- Collaborate as needed in the engagement of guest artists, presenters, instructors, and clinicians; provide necessary logistical support
- Assist with sales and promotion of touring performances
- Collaborate on development and implementation of classes, workshops, summer programing, and residencies in school and community settings
- Assist with creation and editing of program/marketing materials and presentation talking points
- Assist with creation, editing, and distribution of educational materials and study guides
- Maintain/update contact database in Tessitura for families, partners and venues
- Assist in preparation, distribution, collection, and analysis of evaluation documents
- Assist in management of YAP Tracker and other audition postings and audition applications
- Support production; assist in transport of set/talent, load in/load out, set changes, etc.
- Collaborate on casting, auditions, repertoire and new projects, etc.
- Collaborate in creation of budget and production schedules; communication with artists, management of set/costume/prop build, execution of artist contracts, securing venue contracts
- Assist in maintenance of production assets
- Passion for the theatre industry, the performing arts, and the promotion of opera throughout the community and the region.
- Experience in teaching, mentoring, and/or coaching students preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. is required
- Ability to read music strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or commensurate experience
- An interest in opera and education
- Knowledge and/or experience with Tessitura a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; articulate, outgoing, and friendly
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and detail-oriented
- Additional skills may be required to perform tasks specific to work location, project and/or performance
Note: The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
To Apply for this position in confidence, please send resume and cover letter to: Employment@MOTopera.org
Learn how you can become a volunteer at Michigan Opera Theatre.
Michigan Opera Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in our workforce.